The scandal is revealed, will our leading man continue to follow his Grandmother’s wish that he be CEO of the company?
Oh My Venus Episode 11 Recap
We start the episode with Im Woo Sik (Jung Gyu Woon) being told by Director Choi to unleash the story about Young Ho’s secret identity as John Kim. Woo Sik calls Manager Go to release the story. The press goes wild.
Our leading man Kim Young Ho (So Ji Sub) shows up at the door of our leading lady, Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah) who was just leaving to look for him. The scandal has broken, the world knows that John Kim is Young Ho. Joo Eun offers Young Ho a refuge without hesitation. She puts him to bed. The psychosomatic knee bothers Young Hoo when Joo Eun leaves the bedroom.
Joo Eun calls our favorite boxer, Jang Joon Sung (Sung Hoon), to let him know that Young Ho is at her place. Joon Sung is grateful and shares that Young Ho is like a father to him. We get a taste of Joon Sung’s backstory. He was injured with thugs after him when Young Ho found him. He took care of him though Joon Sung was not grateful and suspicious of his motives initially. As Joon Sung lays on the floor of the gym, a woman lies down next to him. It is Jang Hee Jin, star of commercials, who tells Joon Sung she’ll lie next to him quietly and offer support that way. He doesn’t understand how she can do that without knowing the issue. She tells him pain is universal and the reason why it happen is not as important as having someone to support you through it. Much better interaction for Hee Jin, more rational friend and less fan girl stalker.
The next morning Joon Sung and manager, Kim Ji Wong (Henry), are at Joo Eun’s house. They all have breakfast together. Joo Eun tells her men that it’s time for hard core exercise, her way. They exercise with other ladies wearing large visors to remain incognito.
Darling exchange when Joo Eun heads to work leaving Young Ho behind at the apartment. She tells him she’ll go make the money.
Manager Min takes Young Ho to the house. Young Ho apologizes to his father for the scandal. Young Ho’s Grandmother decides Young Ho must marry blind date girl and instructs Manager Min to help make this happen.
Joo Eun learns that Joon Sung’s mother was abused by her former husband. She killed him and went to jail. She gave birth to Joon Sung in prison and gave him up for adoption. Joo Eun is filled with empathy for the hard path Joon Sung’s mother has walked.
Joon Sung leaves a coat for his mother. She rejects the gift. Both of them are upset.
Director Choi asks Young Ho’s father to join him. Young Ho’s father declines. Hmm, that looked suspiciously like support for Young Ho.
Young Ho gets a surprise when Joo Eun’s best friend, Lee Hyun Woo (Jo Eun Ji) drops off her son for an impromptu babysitting session. Young Ho is wary but agrees.
Hyun Woo and Joo Eun discuss the fact that Joon Sung’s mother is also Hyun Woo’s nanny. Hyun Woo knows that Joon Sung’s mother is beaten by her man. Joo Eun is not happy that Joon Sung’s mother refuses to reengage with her son. As they exit the coffee shop, they run into Hyun Woo’s ex-husband who broke the story revealing Young Ho’s secret identity and Oh Soo Jin (Yu In Young), Joon Eun’s boss.
Young Ho and Joo Eun have a cute cuddle while Hyun Woo’s son naps. Hyun Woo is grateful that Young Ho helped by babysitting.
Soo Jin and Woo Sik discuss that he set her client, Young Ho, up. She’s not happy with him. She asks him to leave her apartment.
At work, Soo Jin asks Joo Eun if John Kim / Young Ho is the reason why she lost so much weight. She instructs Joo Eun to support the 61st anniversary celebration.
When Joo Eun arrives home, Young Ho exits the bathroom his sculpted chest on display in his robe. Joo Eun’s thoughts turn to the potential interactions she and Young Ho could enjoy. Joo Eun tries to tempt Young Hoo with a kiss. He resists. Then he surprises her by flipping her onto the bed. Then Young Ho and Joo Eun have a kiss. It is interrupted by Manager Min. Bad timing, Manager Min, bad timing.
It’s time for the 61st anniversary. Everyone is there…except Young Ho.
Joo Eun searches for him and finds him alone in a room, his knee obviously hurting him. She tells him to buck up, get up and face his destiny.
Everyone waits for Young Ho. Finally Young Ho’s arrival is announced. The double doors open and Young Ho is revealed. Joo Eun is off to the side supporting her man.
* The strength of this episode was the support Joo Eun provided Young Ho and the sense of family Joo Eun, Young Ho, Joon Sung and Ji Wong have. That is worth watching and engaging.
* Young Ho laid low during the initial scandal period. I’ve been clear that I don’t care about the scandal – how it affects the company, Grandmother and Young Ho’s father, and could block Young Ho from the job he doesn’t want, Chairman of his Grandmother’s company. Nothing changes this episode. The scandal that Young Ho is John Kim has no punch. Who cares?
* Joo Eun and Young Ho turned it around, she saved and protected him. I loved how Joo Eun took care not only of Young Ho but also Joo Sung and Ji Wong. Her teasing to Young Ho that she would be the bread winner for them was cute. I liked that Joo Eun did not break any of Young Ho’s confidences when her boss grilled her for details. She gave him the pep talks, she kept him exercising and engaging. She provided the same level of support for him that he did for her early in the series. Nice! I like the turn around for this couple. She is surging to become his equal. The adds a richness to them. The stylist seems to have a fascination with hoods for Young Ho, he sports the hoodie hood on his head quite a bit in this series. I liked Young Ho’s willingness to babysit, after it was clear he had no choice. I liked that he teased Joo Eun about getting romantic, let her make the first move, then flipped her on the bed for the slow deliberate kiss. Nice!
* Joon Sung and Ji Wong supported Young Ho. Hee Jin’s interaction with with Joon Sung in the gym had a caring vibe and she didn’t seem desperate and childish like she did in the pool encounter in the last episode,. I liked finding out more about Joon Sung with the flashback of how Young Ho and Joon Sung met. Too bad Joon Sung’s heart was hurt when his mother declined his gift.
* Soo Jin told Woo Sik she knew that he knew Young Ho’s alternate identity long before he brought it to the world’s attention. I may have said this before…these two do not interest me.
* The sixth song of the OST has been released “Love Like That” by Kei. Check it out via this link or the embedded video below: