Looking back at the leading ladies of the series I completed and blogged in 2020, I decided to assign an empirical score. How did they rack and stack?
What did I consider salient points about each leading lady?
* Crash Landing on You – Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) – adapted to new environment, found new depths of strength, her man and tribe, loyal
* The World of the Married – Ji Sun Woo (Kim Hee Ae) – often overstepped in extracting revenge during divorce of adulterous husband, helicopter mother, flaws tripped her up and limited the life she lived
* It’s Okay to Not Be Okay – Ko Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) – bold, brazen woman who confronted her demons and found her heart, love, and family
* Tell Me What You Saw – Cha Soo Young (Sooyoung) – voice of reason and sanity, justice seeker, empathetic
* The King: Eternal Monarch – Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) – once she saw the path she was the perfect partner to the King professionally and personally; loyal to her family and friends
* Flower of Evil – Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) – battled for her man, marriage, and family with amazing resolve and never came off as a love struck idiot
* Tale of the Nine Tailed – Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) – comfortable with non-human entities, stood strong for what she wanted – her parents and her man
* Alice – Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Seon) – mother willing to sacrifice for her son, invented time travel
* Game Towards Zero – Seo Joon Young (Lee Yun Hee) – strong, risk-taker, skeptical to supportive, justice seeker
* Sweet Munchies – Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young) – dealt with discrimination as a part-timer and woman who dared to want equal treatment, empathetic, romance overrode logic
* Backstreet Rookie – Jung Saet Byul (Kim You Jung) – megawatt smile and energy made her the likeable, loveable, hardworking girl whose dream man became hers