I was surprised (again) when WordPress sent the notification that amusings is 5 years old. Wow! Time goes fast!
I watch Asian dramas and love them. I started watching when I cut the cord to cable TV. The pluses of Asian dramas – series are short (16-20 episodes) but can pack an emotional punch, any genre you want is available (action, revenge, historical, romantic comedy, etc.), catchy kpop songs (some series OSTs are stellar), and yummy actors – keep me entrenched. There are wonderful drama blogs out there, many which I read. I’ve evolved to “blog as I watch” recaps, series videos, series reviews, and articles that ponder which hot male character I’d date and kiss. I also opened this up to the compelling ladies…would they be worthy to date my brother? This single person blog has enriched me.
The 5th year of blogging has been another enjoyable one.
* Nutshell recaps. These recaps take less time as I write a nutshell recap and concentrate on the “My Thoughts” section. Frankly, work pressure increased this past year and I often found myself struggling to blog at the same pace as past years. I plan to focus on one drama at a time and return to timely recaps.
* My Cadre of Cuties (aka favored male stars) updates:
* Jang Hyuk is still number one and delivered a morally challenged character in Bad Papa and suffered subpar writing in Wok of Love. Next he is filming My Country which is slated for a September release on the JTBC network.
* Ji Chang Wook completed his mandatory service in April. His next drama is Melt Me a sci-fi romantic comedy as reported by Korean news website Sports Seoul. It is slated for a fall release on TVN network.
* Rain gave a stellar performance in Sketch. His next drama is Welcome 2 Life, slated for July on MBC. He plays a lawyer who cares only about winning. He’s drawn into a parallel world.
* Joo Won completed his mandatory service in February. He has been offered the male lead of SBS’s upcoming drama Hotel Alice (literal title). as detective named Park Jin Kyum.
* Eric was in talks for a new kdrama but that fell through. Not sure what’s next for him.
* Song Joong Ki is starring next in Arthdal Chronicles, which starts June 1 on TVN. I will be blogging this drama.
* Lee Joon Gi last kdrama was Lawless Lawyer, a terrific role for him. In 2018, he participated in another web series Secret Queen Makers. Recall he was in an episode of 7 First Kisses, a 2016 web series.
* Gong Yoo is filming the sci-fi movie Seo Bok, an action thriller that will tell the story of the world’s first human clone, Seo Bok, and the many different forces who want to capture him in order to uncover the secret to eternal life.
* Jung Il Woo completed his military service in November 2018. His “comeback drama” Haechi hit the mark. He was a superb in the lead role in Haechi.
* Woo Do Hwan is filming My Country which is slated for a September release on the JTBC network. His last kdrama was the Great Seducer.
* Yoo Ah In starred in 2018’s movie Default, which got good reviews. I have not seen this film. His last kdrama was the superb Chicago Typewriter.
* Lee Min Ho completed his mandatory service in April. His is slated to star in The King: The Eternal Monarch which will focus on the story of a Korean emperor and a detective living in different worlds.His last kdrama was Legend of the Blue Sea.
Here’s my guys:
Here’s to the next year of amusings!
KJT (aka kjtamuser)