I was surprised (again) when WordPress sent the notification that amusings is 4 years old. Wow! Time goes fast!
I watch Asian dramas and love them. I started watching when I cut the cord to cable TV. The pluses of Asian dramas – series are short (16-20 episodes) but can pack an emotional punch, any genre you want is available (action, revenge, historical, romantic comedy, etc.), catchy kpop songs (some series OSTs are stellar), and yummy actors – keep me entrenched. There are wonderful drama blogs out there, many which I read. I’ve evolved to “blog as I watch” recaps, series videos, series reviews, and articles that ponder which hot male character I’d date and kiss. This single person blog has enriched me.
The 4th year of blogging has been another enjoyable one.
* Comment section interactions bring a sense of community. I love the passion and insight you have. Your feedback is always appreciated.
* “My Thoughts” recaps allow me to watch more dramas. These recaps take less time as I write a nutshell recap and concentrate on the “My Thoughts” section. I did this style of recap for Lookout, Save Me, Money Flower, etc.
* My Cadre of Cuties (aka favored male stars) keeps growing:
* Jang Hyuk is still number one and KILLED it in Money Flower (I don’t see him slipping anytime soon)
* Ji Chang Wook is off serving his country for his mandatory service but he was cute in My Suspicious Partner. Does anyone kiss better? Other pluses – great smile & body, sweet vibe
* Rain married long time sweet heart Kim Tae Hee in 2017 (link). His pluses – rocking body, stretches himself
* Joo Won was charming in the just-okay My Sassy Girl. His pluses – handsome and he can act
* Eric got married to Na Hye Mi in summer 2017 (link). His pluses – those eyes, I like watching him move.
* Song Joong Ki married his co-star, Song Hye Kyo, from Descendants of the Sun in the fall of 2017 (link)
* Lee Joon Gi was severely underutilized in Criminal Minds.
* Gong Yoo, Goblin, need I say more? His 2018 interview in Elle Korea captured in two blogs posts (post 1, post 2)
* Jung Il Woo with the upcoming kdrama High-End Crush. One plus is his darling lop sided smile.
* Woo Do Hwan, one of the new “it” actors. He captured me in Save Me, held his own with Yoo Ji Tae in Mad Dog, and is the star in the currently airing Great Seducer.
* Yoo Ah In, Chicago Typewriter, a spectacular actor and yummy man to look at. The first drama I ever blogged was my Secret Love Affair which starred Yoo Ah In.
* Lee Min Ho, Boys Over Flowers was my first kdrama. I’m a fan but hadn’t had the pleasure of blogging a series with him in it until Legend of the Blue Sea. While the story wasn’t perfect, Lee Min Ho was terrific and left no doubt that he is a star.
Here’s my guys:
Here’s to the next year of amusings!
KJT (aka kjtamuser)