My Thoughts — My Sassy Girl — Episode 6
At the end of my recaps I have a “My Thoughts” section where I summarize my opinions. For shows that I’m not writing detailed watch-n-blog recaps, I’m writing a “thought-cap.” I just finished the next episode of My Sassy Girl.
* Two steps forward, one step back…this episode bored me. This show continues to perplex me. It has ingredients for a show that I would like. But then I watch and I don’t gravitate to the buffet of characters or plot points this show lays before me. I like the leads. That’s it. I like the leads. But the story, supporting cast, just aren’t grabbing me. Sigh, this is an unusual reaction to a series, but there it is.
Quick side notes: Da Yeon finally learns that the that has captured Kyun Woo’s interest is Princess Hye Myung. What does a spoiled girl do when she can’t get what she wants? She goes to her father, evil Jung Ki Joon. He and his daughter concur that the princess must be eliminated.
* Kyun Woo (Joo Won) is starting to warm to the Princess. I love the little smile he sports as he watches her. His mother and sister’s treatment of the princess after they learned her identity was rather ungracious. In fact, I didn’t see much of a difference in how they treated the princess before or after they knew her identity. I like Kyun Woo. Ironic how they call the princess crazy stalker when Da Yeon should be awarded that title.
* Princess Hye Myung (Oh Yeon Seo) lived with Kyun Woo’s family. A little booze and she ended up on Kyun Woo’s bed. When his sister and mother found out, they were upset he was dallying with another woman. But when Kyun Woo’s father found out, it got real. He knew that the King had to be informed the whereabouts of his daughter. Her entourage descended on the Kyun household.
* New writer Yoon Hyo Je did not capture me this episode. The machinations of evil Jung Ki Joon are done to control the king. He crows that he’s the puppet master of the king. But he’s learning that managing the princess is a challenge, even IF you want her dead. I’m hoping that the next episode is more engaging.
* Ranking the episodes (on a scale from 1-10) had me rank this episode as fair. My episode ranking chart is below.