My Thoughts — My Sassy Girl — Episode 4
At the end of my recaps I have a “My Thoughts” section where I summarize my opinions. For shows that I’m not writing detailed watch-n-blog recaps, I’m writing a “thought-cap.” I just finished episode 4 of My Sassy Girl.
* Will our leads have a romance? There was a potential pull between them this episode. He saved her. He gave her back her precious ring. BUT it appears her heart belongs to another man, the man that gave her the ring, the man that went on a mission three years ago and has yet to return.
Quick side notes: I still want to shake Kyun Woo’s sister for her loyalty to the entitled spoiled Jung Da Yeon. Originally Da Yeon seemed nice but as the show progresses she reveals herself to be her father’s daughter. She wants Kyun Woo and has her sights sets on removing the woman by his side. I’m surprised that Princess Hye Myung’s identity is a mystery. You’d think that within the upper ranks she’d be recognized.
* Kyun Woo (Joo Won) returned the ring to the Princess and can’t get her out of his head. She’s not plaguing his thoughts in a overwhelmingly romantic way but rather he imagines her with him. Her candid blunt assessments made Kyun Woo’s marriage meetings scenes much more enjoyable. Kyun Woo feels a pull but he’s no where near exploring it or letting it grow…yet.
* Princess Hye Myung (Oh Yeon Seo) long for another man. We learned the background of the precious jade ring (originally I thought was a momento of her mother). The man she apparently loves gave the ring to her before leaving for a special mission, one that has kept him away for 3 years. She appears to long for his return. Is he alive or dead? Wanna bet if/when the Princess decides to move forward with a romance with someone else, he’ll return?
* New writer Yoon Hyo Je struck the right balance between substantive story and the silly moments. This was the most engaging episode for me. I can’t claim to be riveted by this series yet, but the summation Σ of the story helped this episode be more satisfying.
* Ranking the episodes (on a scale from 1-10) had me rank this episode as fairly good. My episode ranking chart is below.