My Thoughts — My Sassy Girl — Episode 3
At the end of my recaps I have a “My Thoughts” section where I summarize my opinions. I just finished episode 3 of My Sassy Girl.
* Our leads are up and down. They get along for a bit then they are on the outs. I wasn’t as enamored of it this episode.
Quick side notes: I wanted to shake Kyun Woo’s sister when she gave the daughter of the King’s controller the jade ring she took from Kyun Woo and lied it was from Kyun Woo. She stole, she lied, and she attempted to bully. Not a good episode to showcase her ethics.
* Kyun Woo (Joo Won) got the ring back but the Princess irked him so he didn’t return it. She’s forever accusing him of bad behavior. That’s the pot calling the kettle black. Kyun Woo maintains his good humor until he can’t. Kyun Woo navigated the difficult situation of retrieving the ring after his sister gave it to the daughter of King’s controller. He managed to soothe over her ruffled feelings. Kyun Woo is stuck in the position of being long suffering.
* Princess Hye Myung (Oh Yeon Seo) makes quick decisions without considering ramifications. The princess bugged me more than pleased me this episode. When she interrupted Kyun Woo’s conversation with the daughter of King’s controller, I thought it would serve her right if the ring hadn’t been returned to Kyun Woo yet. I do like the Princess’s zest for life and that she cowers to no one. She handled the mean girls’ bullying situation easily. She could lead the cheer “I’ve got spirit, yes I do, I’ve got spirit, how about you?”
* New writer Yoon Hyo Je has to find the right balance between substantive story and the silly moments. The show walks a tricky line balancing story that relies on physical comedy for relief from the typical historical heavy handed palace intrigue. The previous episode was more successful than this one. I’m not riveted yet.
* Ranking the episodes (on a scale from 1-10) had me rank this episode as fair. My episode ranking chart is below.