I was surprised when WordPress sent me the notification that amusings was 3 years old. Wow! Time goes fast!
I watch Asian dramas and love them. I started watching when I cut the cord to cable TV. The pluses of Asian dramas – series are short (16-20 episodes) but can pack an emotional punch, any genre you want is available (action, revenge, historical, romantic comedy, etc), catchy kpop songs (some series OSTs are stellar), and yummy actors – keep me entrenched. There are wonderful drama blogs out there, many which I read. I’ve evolved to “blog as I watch” recaps, series videos, series reviews, and articles that ponder which hot male character I’d date and kiss. This single person blog has enriched me.
The 3rd year of blogging has been even more fun.
* Comment section interactions are the best. I’m constantly amazed by the passion and insight you have. I relish the sense of community. Your feedback is welcome!
* Guest reviews prove we all have an inner blogger. I’ve been enjoying sharing this blog with other articulate and passionate drama fans.
* 4 days a week seems to be the sweet spot in posts per week. That’s down from 5 posts a week but the right number for me to maintain balance.
* I blog while I watch a show. My in the moment reactions are detailed while I watch an episode. Typically I watch 2 currently airing series a time. In fact, I struggle watching a series and NOT blogging about it. I’ve got to break myself of that!
* My queue of favored male stars keeps growing. Jang Hyuk is still number one (and I don’t see him slipping anytime soon, his intensity draws me in), Ji Chang Wook (great smile & body, sweet vibe), Rain (rocking body, stretches himself), and Joo Won (handsome and he can act), Eric (those eyes, I like watching him move) were joined by Song Joong Ki who stole my heart in Descendants of the Sun with superb chemistry with every character and then Lee Joon Gi floored me with his sublime swoonable portrayal of Wang So in Scarlet Heart Ryeo. They still have it – Gong Yoo was superb in Goblin (I hadn’t seen him since Coffee Prince) and Jung Il Woo (darling lop sided smile).
Here’s my guys:
Here’s to the next year of amusings!