Beautiful Mind Review – Guest Commentator – A.D.DO!
The comment sections for Beautiful Mind recaps were full of insightful thoughts and opinions. The passion for this show got me thinking. What if I asked a couple of the avid Beautiful Mind commentators, the same questions about the series, then constructed posts from their responses? Let’s find out…
Today’s Guest commentator:
A.D.DO! take it away and share your thoughts on Beautiful Mind…
What I Liked Best about Beautiful Mind
In a word, JANG HYUK! Always a mesmerizing actor, his Dr. Young O was another captivating characterization in an unusual story that still keeps me thinking.
Some of the most memorable moments:
* The lie detector scene…brilliant!
* His disbelief confronting Min-Jae after she exposed him at the conference…he says, “I did my best”…and she says, “You did your best to pretend”…
* His caring speech to the cellist about to lose his hearing shows how far he actually has come from the prick he was on the plane, not offering to help.
Just a few, there were many more!
I keep trying to imagine their life together…hopefully as a married couple…like making pancakes in the a.m. after a morning quickie! (Please don’t let no empathy negate passion!) And, a girl can dream, can’t she?
What I Liked Least about Beautiful Mind
Some unclear or unanswered questions:
* Was the front lobe injured or not?
* Who knew and when did they know it? Min Jae still was still flirting, putting on lipstick, and trying to get him to take her on a date after she had seen the x-rays, right? Her behavior puzzled me all the way through…nice girl, turncoat bad girl, back to nice girl??? Thinking more about Min Jae…I guess she was using him all along…him being the son of one of the head doctors was a good move for her, empathy or no empathy…and then when the opportunity for a professorship came up, she showed her true colors and threw him under the bus. Why she tries to make nice later on is just another side of her sleazy personality.
* What happened to the deaf kid?
* Shouldn’t the Chairman be culpable in some of this? He gets off Scott free.
* Also unnerving was watching the operation scenes through my hand (does anyone besides a doctor enjoy this?)
* And watching Dr. Lee Gun-Myung’s forehead move up and down! Scary!
* The double kiss was nice, but a little ‘foreplay’ leading up to it would have helped…probably lost in the truncated version, too bad. A little lust would have been ok…wishing maybe he had meant that line, “going to a hotel” for real, not just for food!
Would I Recommend Beautiful Mind?
DEFINITELY! AND MORE THAN ONCE! Funny, when watching it, I thought, “I probably wouldn’t watch this again”. But when it was over there were questions puzzling me so I decided to rewatch and loved it even more…some things I missed on the first go round, and many more special scenes and nuances than I had remembered as well.
Similar/Other Kdramas I’d Recommend?
* I guess “THANK YOU” is the most similar, with the Doctor theme…and it was so charming.
* FATED TO LOVE YOU
* SHINE OR GO CRAZY
Each one is my very favorite when I am watching it!
I just have never found any actor to capture my attention (or my heart!) like Jang Hyul…so I don’t watch any KDrama unless he’s in it!