The cat is out of the bag…our couple admits they are dating…what will the consequences be?
Oh My Venus Episode 9 Recap
Our leading man Kim Young Ho (So Ji Sub) meets with his cold fish father who signs the papers to allow Young Ho take his position, CEO of the company. His father comments this position was once occupied by his mother, then his father, and now him. He warns Young Ho to keep free from scandal.
Manager Min and his minions (ha!) drop Young Ho off. He’s tired and Manager Min is concerned. Young Ho trips going up the stairs and hurts his knee. He stumbles into his room. Our leading lady, Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah) find Young Ho on the floor, his pant cut exposing his hurt knee. Young Ho is panting and sweating. She goes to him but he asks her to leave the room with words and the hand signal. Tears stream down her face but she honors the request.
She recalls he was sick as a child. She listens to his groan and pain and cries.
Young Ho takes medicine and injects himself. For a man that just got a clean bill of health from the doctor, he seems in pretty bad shape.
Our favorite boxer, Jang Joon Sung (Sung Hoon), help his mother with a package. Her face is battered and bruised. She comments that he is a nice young man. He stares at her in the snow, wishing she knew he was her son. Nice moment, the longing in Joon Sung’s eyes were evident. I was a bit surprised he didn’t react to her bruised face more.
When Young Ho exits his medi-room Joo Eun is waiting for him. He tells her he’s okay. She cries. They hug.
Young Ho’s Grandmother tells his father’s wife it is time for her to leave the house. Stepmother is shocked. Grandmother leaves the room to talk to Manager Min.
Joo Eun sees Young Ho’s medical report. He admits he had cancer as a child. The scars on the knees are incision points from the multiple cancer surgeries. The pain is psychosomatic. Joo Euns continues to cry because she empathizes and cherishes him. Young Ho pulls her next to him on the bed. Young Ho notes everyone carries a certain amount of pain. We see his father in the hospital. We see her mother missing Joo Eun’s father. Young Ho asks Joo Eun not to run away from him. She jokes he must find her pretty. Young Ho says the healthier she gets, the sexier and prettier she’ll get. She asks if he wants her to stay by his side. He does. He nestles into her.
The next morning Joon Sung and manager Kim Ji Wong (Henry) work with Joo Eun using hula-hoops.
Young Ho declares they slept together. Joo Eun hits him. The have breakfast together bantering about dating. She reminds him she’s moving out in 6 days. She has a new place close to her friend and safe. Young Ho asks if she’s ok with being on his legal team. Joo Eun recognizes that her company is merely backup. Joo Eun says they need to tell Joon Sung and Ji Wong they are dating. He pretends not to understand.
Joo Eun and Young Ho work out. The couple exercises are cute. The boys interrupt but they keep it undercover they are dating.
Jang Hee Jin, star of commercials, shows up unexpectedly. Joon Sung and Hee Jin talk in her van. She wants to date or kiss. He wants to concentrate on training because he’s got a big match coming up. She pouts wanting to dine with him at least. He can’t say no.
Im Woo Sik (Jung Gyu Woon) apologizes to former friend now annoying enemy and boss Oh Soo Jin (Yu In Young). These two are sleep inducing.
Joo Eun announces to everyone they are going camping. Young Ho surprises everyone by agreeing. They wink at each other.
They get coffee and remember their first kiss. Joo Eun says moving out will avoid gossip.
Woo Sik comes into the coffee shop and asks to talk to Joo Eun. Young Ho leaves.
Woo Sik tells Joo Eun she’s looking good. Joo Eun tells him focusing on fitness helped her work out her feelings about their breakup. Woo Sik returns the proposal tie to Joo Eun. She tells him she’ll give it to someone that can use it. Woo Sik wishes her mother and brother weren’t hurt by their breakup. Woo Sik declares he’s happy that Joo Eun has found another man. But on the other hand, he still cares for her. She notes they’ve both moved on. Soo Jin spots them talking and sees the gift on the table.
Joo Eun gets a stiff shoulder at work. She imagines Young Ho there helping her. Soo Jin stops by. She nags Joo Eun to work harder and clean her desk.
Producer Go calls Woo Sik that he has proof that John Kim owns a house.
Stepmother’s brother is angry Young Ho’s grandmother wants to kick her out of the house.
Manager Min reminds Young Ho to be circumspect. He watches Stepmother’s brother hob nob with other executives.
Joo Eun’s best friend, Lee Hyun Woo (Jo Eun Ji) joins them on the camping trip. Ji Wong hugs her and calls her second Ma’am. Young Ho hasn’t camped before. Another sweet experience for Young Ho to participate in. They sing by the campfire and have fun. They play a confession game. Young Ho admits he’s dating Young Ho. Everyone is surprised. Joo Eun confirms it.
Driving home Young Ho notes it is her last night in the house. When they arrive, Manager Min and his minions arrive. Manager Min tells Young Ho that Woo Sik has the information that he is John Kim. Joo Eun tries to leave. Young Ho grabs her and introduces her to Manager Min. He tells Manager Min Joo Eun is the woman he’s dating.
Our leads date in secret but finally admit the truth. Young Ho’s confession at the campfire shocked everyone, including Joo Eun, when he declared he and Joo Eun were dating. The cherry on the top was when Young Ho made a similar declaration to Manager Min. Do not think that Manager Min was as happy about it as the others were.
* Joo Eun and Young Ho delivered the cute. They banter well. She wanted to be open about them dating sooner than Young Ho was ready. In the end, he realized she was right to be upfront. I liked Joo Eun’s interaction with Woo Sik. She didn’t belittle him for having mixed feelings but she didn’t encourage him either. I thought she accepted Young Ho’s explanation about his medi-room and his past cancer easily. She didn’t push him and accepted the limited explanation he offered.
* Young Ho decided to confess to dating Joo Eun. They are cute together. You have to see the scenes, no way I can capture their cuteness sufficiently in my recaps. I found it odd the amount of pain Young Ho was in when he is supposedly ok. I don’t buy the argument that the pain is all in his head.
* Joon Sung and Ji Wong could have a larger story line. Hee Jin pouted her way to keeping Joon Sung to agree to a date. At least that’s what I’m assuming his trapped expression meant. I look forward to their date. These two could get more screen time. I like them. Joon Sung’s longing for his mother when he helped her carry a box was well done. Ji Wong’s dubbing Hyun Woo as “Ma’am 2 ” was cute.
* Soo Jin was jealous of Woo Siks’ residual feelings for Joo Eun. These two do not interest me. I’m not really interested in Young Ho’s family either.
* The fifth song of the OST has been released. Check out the ballad “I’ll be there” by Tei via this link or the embedded video below: