October 2014. Snow from The Drama Corner renominated me (thank you Snow!) for a Sunshine Award when she answered my questions when I nominated her.
Turn about is fair play! I will not be nominating others this time. Snow’s questions were thought provoking. Here goes….
- What is your favorite thing to do when you are not watching dramas? It may sound trite but it is true…I like life. I work, I play, and I hang with friends and family.
- Which is your all time favorite movie in the following categories:1.Romance – Casino Royale (2006). James Bond as romance? James Bond fell in love only twice, Casino Royale and Her Majesty’s Secret Service. This couple hit the mark for me. Daniel Craig is smoking hot in his first bond film. Eva Green as Vesper Lynd is stunning. This film gave me awesome action and romance which is difficult to achieve.
2.Thriller – Collateral (2004). Loved that Tom Cruise veered away from his typical leading man role and took a chance on this gritty role of a hit man for hire. Jamie Foxx was the perfect counterpoint as the cab driver that by chance happens to caught in the swirl. Their paring was dynamite. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) was second runner up based the first in the trilogy of books by Stieg Larsson.
3.Comedy – Galaxy Quest (1999). I love a good sci fi film. Star Wars, Star Trek, War of the Worlds, etc. I have enjoyed the Star Trek incarnations. Galaxy Quest is the perfect spoof; clever and funny.
- Your favorite book – I have always loved books. I do not have a favorite book. Three that I have read in the last year that I enjoyed include Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and The Good House by Ann Leary.
- Your go-to drama:
1.My favorite American drama is Felicity. Follows characters throughout four years of college in New York. Classic quandary throughout the series, which guy would Felicity choose? Ben or Noel? Count me as a Ben and Felicity supporter.
2.Too tough to call my favorite Asian drama, top 3 rom-coms are Coffee Prince – when he declares to her “I like you. Whether you’re a man, or an alien, I don’t care anymore” it was the series highlight, Queen In-Hyun’s Man – wonderful fusion of romance, time travel and historical, or My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho – cutest young couple in drama from the Hong sisters
- In your opinion, the best drama couple is – Kim Boong Do and Choi Hee Jin, Queen In-Hyun’s Man. This couple checked all the boxes for me – darling, wonderful banter, their love was tested and they did not fail each other, and in the end love conquered all!
- What is the best smell in the world? Fresh baked bread
- Your dream pairing for a drama: Bear with me on this…my dream drama synopsis: Father and Son are estranged. Both are at the end of the line with their current love interest. Through a series unforeseen circumstances, Father becomes involved with Son’s love interest and Son becomes in involved with Father’s love interest. In the end a family is reborn.
My primary choices are my two favorite male actors. Selecting two female actors that could begin with one leading man and end with the other was challenging. See if you agree with the my choices.
* Father – Jang Hyuk
* Father’s Ending Love Interest – Son Ye Jin
* Son – Gong Yoo
* Son’s Ending Love Interest – Han Hyo Joo
- Your favorite character from Friends (if you haven’t seen it, then from any other American T.V. show): Rachel – classic California beauty
September 2014. I got nominated for a Sunshine Award…blushing in front of my computer as I type this! Thank you Jung-gug-eo Kaenada and Only from Noonas Over Forks for nominating me. That was a nice start to my weekend!
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
– Nominate a few other bloggers
– Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
– Notify the bloggers on their blog.
– Put the award button on your blog.
Questions from Noonas Over Forks!
1. Your favorite qualities in a K-drama male character
Honesty, Loyalty, Humor, NOT falling prey to noble idiocy. This goes without saying, but I like ’em good looking too!
2. Your favorite qualities in a K-drama female character
Forthright, Honest, Sassy, NOT falling prey to noble idiocy. I am an equal opportunity viewer, so I like ’em good looking too!
3. Your idea of the perfect K-drama
* First and foremost I love a great romantic comedy. My favorites are Coffee Prince, Queen In-Hyun’s Man, or My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho.
* Best historical is Chuno
* Best melodrama is 49 Days
4. Your idea of the worst K-drama
The flimsiest story ever created the dreadful Lie to Me. This show is exemplifies “if it is not on the page, it is not on the stage”. The best thing about Lie to Me were the passionate kisses. Two examples: Cola Kiss, Final Kiss. A good kiss requires participation from both parties (don’t get me started on the lip presses that pass for kisses).
5. K-drama trope you identify most closely with
There are so many…but the Relationship Contract brings disparate people together which inevitably leads to love. Full House, Fated to Love You, and Coffee Prince used this mechanism well.
6. Your favorite food
Chocolate chip cookie, I am picky about what qualifies as a good Chocolate chip cookie (butter, quality chips, not gooey OR hard).
7. Your most hated food
Raisins…nature’s candy?…give me a break.
8. Gong Yoo or Kim Woo Bin
Gong Yoo gets my vote. He played the best male lead ever, Choi Han Kyul, in Coffee Prince. This guy can act. His inner turmoil (loving someone he thought was a man) was played to perfection in Coffee Prince. If you want me to comment on the superficial…Gong Yoo has terrific hair, face, and body too.
Kim Woo Bin was one of the few good things about Heirs. You would not think a semi-sadistic bully would be a standout character, but he was. Kim Woo Bin’s hair style quickly changes his look from alpha male to cuddly guy.
And without further ado…I nominate:
If you’ve already gotten an award and I missed it, feel free to ignore this. If you just can’t be bothered to go through this entire thing, also feel free to ignore this. No offense will be taken.
Questions from kjtamuser
1. Who is your favorite second male lead?
2. What kdrama death did you weep buckets of tears over?
3. What kdrama twist surprised you?
4. What is your source for kdramas? e.g. website, satellite tv
5. How many hours a week do you blog?
6. Favorite thing about blogging
7. Least favorite thing about blogging
8. Would you rather travel to Korea, Japan, or Taiwan?